I was really surprised to find this at Whole Foods for $7 considering when I checked online it was $12. I had tried it once before as my mother is a licensed esthetician, she has used this one acne clients and had great results so I thought I’d give it a try. I’ve been struggling a lot lately with my face breaking out and really searching for something to get it under control.
Overall, I like the product. It hasn’t exactly cleared my face but I will continue using as I really like the way it makes my skin feel.
This mask is 100% natural and you mix equal parts of the clay and raw apple cider vinegar, make sure you buy Apple Cider Vinegar “with The Mother” as it is more effective.
Although the mask is a bit smelly, it goes on smooth and dries to a pretty hard consistency. I must admit when the mask is dry it is pretty uncomfortable but after you wash it off your skin feels super smooth and soft underneath.
I occasionally spot treat with this product as well. I mix a small amount, apply it to just my pimples with a concealer brush and leave it overnight. No, it is not comfortable but I feel like it does shrink the pimples.
Calcium Bentonite Clay is a very powerful anti-oxidant, it removes harmful environmental pollutants and heavy metals.
A few other ways to use this product-
1) Eczema- instead of vinegar mix the clay with water and apply it to Eczema, Wounds, or Allergic Skin Reactions, it is said to heal infections even when antibiotics were ineffective.
2) Bath Soak- add 1/4 cup of the clay to your bath to help detox your body and leave your skin feeling soft.
3) Dietary Substance – drink 1/2- 1 teaspoon a day mixed with water up to once a day. This could have many benefits when ingested including-
- Helps digestion and issues such as IBS, constipation, nausea
- Boosts immune system and carries toxins out of the body
- Balance PH levels in body and Alkalize acidic gut